The Cranberry Country Lioness have taken over coordinating the Warrens Community Meals. The first Community Meal of the 2019-2020 season is Wednesday, Nov. 13, from 4 to 6:30 p.m., at the Warrens Lions Log Building.
“The Lioness wanted to see the dinners continue after Deanna Donaldson and her group stepped down. The Lioness aren’t taking over doing the meals, but we are helping to facilitate to keep them going,” said Cranberry Country Lioness President Sara Moseley.
There will be just one Community Meal per month from November through March and the menus will be simpler, Moseley said.
As during the past seven seasons, the meals are free and open to all Warrens area residents. Freewill donations will be accepted to help defray meal expenses.
The dates and sponsors to date are:
- Wednesday, Nov. 13 – Meal sponsored by Moseley Roadside Market and Rex Moseley Fruit & Vegetable Farm with help from the Cranberry Country Lioness and Clovers & Cranberries 4-H Club.
- Wednesday, Dec. 4 (Holiday Meal) – Meal sponsored Warrens Cranberry Festival with area organizations cooking and serving.
- Wednesday, Jan. 8 – Grace Bible Church.
- Wednesday, Feb. 12 – Sponsor still needed.
- Wednesday, March 11 – Sponsor still needed.
Area organizations, local churches and individuals willing to sponsor a meal, make desserts or other portions of the meals, help with set up or clean up, etc., can contact Moseley at (608) 343-6673.